Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Proverbs About Foolishness - Part 14

As Solomon shares about foolishness in the latter chapters of Proverbs, he makes sure to cover some things that should either be reiterated or addressed anew. Often, a fool makes his error either by speaking or by not listening, specifically speaking instead of listening. That is probably why when we are “pent up” we tend to lash out and make bigger problems. I know I do. “Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, and renew a right spirit within me.”

1. He cannot be trusted as a messenger. (Proverbs 26:6)
2. He does not learn from parables. (Proverbs 26:7)
3. It is impossible for him to depart from his foolishness. (Proverbs 27:2)
4. A fool’s wrath is heavy. (Proverbs 27:3-4)

1. I can only be a peacemaker if I can keep confidences.
2. The farther I am from His word; the more likely I will be foolish.
3. Thank God nothing is impossible for God. He can turn me around.
4. Oh, how I regret taking out on others, my own issues.

I am a work in progress. My transformations have been incremental and monumental. I have both snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, and experienced defeat, when I thought I had won. All lessons to be learned throughout life. Everything in the light of God’s mercy and grace. I have much too still learn, hopefully more from His word than my failures or yours.

Let us all turn to Him every moment as we seek to grow up in the Lord. Let us put away childish things, and mature in Him.

In His hope,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment