Friday, September 5, 2014

God Was Not Created For Us, by Alejandra Mouzis


I recently started reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan.  I cannot seem to get past the first two chapters.  I keep reading those two chapters over and over.  I truly want to grasp and learn everything I can before moving forward.   This is a new concept for me.  I move so fast that I do not stop and learn from every experience before moving on to the next event or circumstance.   Is this not how most of us live our lives?

"Don't we live instead as though God is created for us, to do our bidding, to bless us, and to take care of our loved one?"

This statement alone has changed my way of thinking almost immediately!  I cannot believe one sentence could change a life.  Colossians 1:16, "For him all things were created:  things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. "

I have questioned God most of my life.  I have spent 12 years as a single mom and struggled to get by with a baby boy.  After my father died, my mom came to live with me.  I now had to financially support all three of us.  Many, many times throughout my life, I have asked the question ... why?  Why did my dad have to die so young?  Why is it so hard for me to get by when others seem to have so much?  Why did my car breakdown and forced ne to take the bus to work every day.  Why, why, why?

As I read these chapters, my life flashed before my eyes.  But, all along the answer to my WHY question was simply this:  .... because He's God.  He has more of a right to ask me why so many people are starving?  Why are their people with no homes or clothing?  Why are there people who don't know me?  We are in no place to demand that He give an account to us.  Can we be that arrogant to think God owes us an explanation?   God owes us nothing and we owe Him everything!

My prayers are now, "God.  I know things are going to happen today that I cannot change and do not understand, but please use me to do whatever you need done today!" I have been asking that question in the mornings and, although I work lots more than a 40 hour week, I seem to have lots of time to do things for other people and to do His work.   I have time to help friends in need, able to provide a home for someone in need, able to help my church home in whatever capacity they need and when they need it.

Just two weeks ago, Gerry and I fly up north to visit friends.  Although we thought it would be nice to get away and spent time with friends, God had other plans.  He needed me to spend quality time alone with my friend who was hurting.  While our husbands were out for the day, she and I went hiking through the redwoods and found ourselves talking about issues in our lives and it was a great opportunity for me to share how Go has changed my life.  God was present and He used me! 

It's amazing how my life has been transformed  all because I asked Him to use me?  Does that mean that I don't have problems in my life.  Of course not, I struggle with issues every day.  But, God is in control and he is using me for His plan!  When that happens, my own issues seem to work themselves out.  Imagine that!

"Life is about serving God with the gifts he has given each one of us.  Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms.  If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God.   If anyone serves, they should do so  with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever, Amen. " (1 Peter 4:10-11)

if you do not have a Church home, Grace Harbor Church invites and welcomes you to join us at 10:00 a.m. Sunday mornings.  Come see what God  is doing!

By:  Alejandra Mouzis, new council member

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful words, thank you for sharing! It's all about His kingdom and His purpose and when we focus not on ourselves, but Him, everything changes. Thanks again for sharing! Very blessed by it!

    ReplyDelete