Thursday, September 25, 2014

Proverbs about the Character of Fools - Part 2

I have decided to personally reflect on each of these Proverbs for two reasons. One, it gives me some parameters of what I can say for the next 14 devotionals. Two, it keeps everyone from guessing who I am talking about. The Bible works best as a mirror, not a magnifying glass. I am working on the specks and logs in my eyes, you can work on yours. If you are like me, so be it. If better or worse, so be that too. But, we will all let God be the judge. I may miss some of my faults and weaknesses as will you. Let us try to keep it real and learn and grow together. Here are the next 5 Proverbs about the character of fools.

1. He runs to mischief. (Proverbs 6:18)
2. He needs an understanding heart. (Proverbs 8:5)
3. A foolish son makes a mother heavy. (Proverbs 10:1)
4. A chattering fool comes to ruin. (Proverbs 10:8)
5. Stripes are prepared for their backs. (Proverbs 10:13)

1) I have been known to help create a problem, so I can help solve it.
2) When I mess up I especially need to know I am still loved.
3) I still think of my mother when I am not being wise.
4) I should more often say “I’ve said enough.” And then stop.
5) I can honestly say I am learning the hard way less often.

There you go; more insights into me. Now you go. Hope you are blessed by this exercise. I am humbled.

In His service,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment