Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Blessings of the Righteous - Part 3

Until they were categorized, I didn’t realize there were more than 60 Proverbs about the blessings of the righteous. I thought of Proverbs as primarily cryptic snippets of wisdom to remind me of the moral fiber of my Christian life. Proverbs served me mostly as goods that pricked my conscience and spurred me to the higher road I know I should be on. I am now freshly challenged, hopefully like you, to reconsider righteousness as a blessing and a responsibility. I am thinking of it this way… I need to think more often of my position and let that affect my disposition. I am no more perfect than I have ever been, but I am more aware than ever of my need for personal discipline. So, here are the next five blessings of the righteous. Remember, this is you and me we are talking about here. Hope you are encouraged by this teaching from God’s Word about Christ’s righteousness in us. We are righteous.

1. His hope shall end in gladness. (Proverbs 10:25)
2. He will not be removed from the earth. (Proverbs 10:30)
3. He knows what speech is acceptable. (Proverbs 10:32)
4. He will reap a sure reward. (Proverbs 11:1)
5. His righteousness will direct his ways. (Proverbs 11:5)

So, this righteous, blessed person I am in Christ, when I am consciously in Him, has great hope for future gladness and know I am in His hands. I am aware of what I say and am sowing what I will reap. All my ways are directed by Him who leads me and He whom I follow. I am thinking I should spend more time on becoming the saint I am, and not so much energy or time on having to avoid the worm I am. Just sayin…..

In Him,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment