Monday, September 29, 2014

Proverbs about the Character of Fools - Part 3

Oh how honest reflection promotes humility. These Proverbs about foolishness are fuel for soul-searching. Of course a few things I have been reminded about me I haven’t shared with you, I have confessed to the Lord. How grateful I am for His grace and unconditional love. How appreciative I am of you who read this, that you respect my candor and honesty more than you jump to categorizing me. Let us see one another not only honestly, but through His lens of mercy. Here are 5 more Proverbs and 5 reflections.

1. His mouth is near destruction. (Proverbs 10:14)
2. He lies to hide hatred and slander. (Proverbs 10:18)
3. He dies for want of wisdom. (Proverbs 10:21)
4. He proclaims his own folly. (Proverbs 10:23)
5. Mischief is sport to a fool. (Proverbs 10:23)

1) My tongue can be my greatest enemy.
2) I am embarrassed to admit I have done this.
3) I sometimes wish I were ignorant, it would be a better excuse.
4) If I keep talking I will eventually say the wrong thing.
5) Ganging up on or setting up people is never God’s plan. Lord, forgive me.

I am going to stop writing devotionals today. My heart is aching and I feel a little sick of myself. Please reflect on you. Thank you for joining me in this application of the truth. This is why we need to read His word. It is sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts to the bone. Let the Great Physician examine your heart.

Humbly His,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment