Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Blessings of the Righteous - Part 9

Some days are more action plan days and some are mere reflection days. Whatever day it is, you still must do what you must do. Even on action plan days, I must reflect and on reflection days, I must act. Today is Friday, my scheduled day off. This afternoon and this evening I plan to celebrate my wife’s birthday with her at dinner and a movie. Early this morning I attended a church/school administration meeting. I am now at the coast writing. Salt air and ocean sounds help me reflect. It is always a good day to consider His Word. So, I will write this devotion, again reflecting on 5 proverbs that speak of the blessings of the righteous.

1. His way is made plain. (Proverbs 15:19)
2. The words of the pure are pleasant. (Proverbs 15:26)
3. The righteous studies before answering a matter. (Proverbs 15:28)
4. The Lord hears the prayers of the righteous. (Proverbs 15:29)
5. A little with righteousness is better than great revenue without right. (Proverbs 16:8)

My reflections today are……

1. I sometimes wish I were ignorant. It would be a better excuse than any of the ones I usually come up with.
2. Lord, make my words sweet today, for tomorrow I may eat them.
3. Think long, and hard, and biblically before you answer.
4. Thank you Lord for reminding me that you hear me. Forgive me for ever considering that you don’t.
5. My wife and I can honestly say we have not made His ministry about money.

So peace and love to you all. May you reflect on His blessings to you, today.

In His service,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment