Monday, September 15, 2014

The Blessings of Righteousness - Part 8

The more I read the 60+ Proverbs that can be categorized as the Blessings of Righteousness, the more I am personalizing them. I am finding them to serve as positive reinforcement for what I am and should be doing, and not indictments of my shortcomings. I am greatly encouraged by the number of times I am reminded of what God has done, is doing, and will do in my life according to His Word. In this set of five I cannot help but bring some reflection on what they mean to me. I, like you do not live perfectly, nor do I handle every situation in my life well. But, I do believe in His Word and am a work in progress. I am making progress over time, and I am blessed to say at least by His never failing grace and mercy to me and to us. I believe that my Lord is at work in me, and in all of us who are in Him. He is in us, He is living and active, as is His Word.
Let me share 5 things I believe from these blessings.

1. There is favor among the righteous. (Proverbs 14:9)
2. He has hope in his death. (Proverbs 14:32)
3. Righteousness exalts a nation. (Proverbs 14:34)
4. He has treasures in his house. (Proverbs 15:6)
5. The Lord loves him. (Proverbs 15:9)

1. I believe we should share the favor of our righteous with each other more often. We share more than enough negativity.
2. I believe my tremendous bottom-line faith gives me hope, even in death.
3. I believe we are suffering from an epidemic of unrighteousness in our nation.
4. I believe God keeps blessing me with stuff so I can bless others with it and also, be a better steward of it.
5. I believe the Lord loves me because He shows me constantly.

I am indeed a recipient of the blessings of the righteous and I am convicted to be more grateful and share the blessings more often.
What do you believe?

In His steps,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment