Monday, September 8, 2014

The Blessings of the Righteous - Part 4

Growing up in the 60’s, I had the privilege of living a year of my life in my van and also a year of my life in a Christian commune. These two experiences allowed me to live in the community when I was a Youth Coordinator at West Canoga Baptist Church in the San Fernando Valley. I also lived with minimal rent expense and was able to go to school full-time, and work a part-time job. My Youth Coordinator position only paid me a $25.00 gas allowance (gas was .53 cents a gallon) and a $150.00 monthly stipend. I worked at a local Exxon station during part of that time, and washed tennis courts part of that time. I was lovin’ life, serving the Lord, and so blessed. I was also keenly aware of my righteousness in Him. I was very disciplined for my age and especially during my time in my van and the commune when there was no T.V. and non-stop time living the Christian lifestyle. We were in the midst of the Jesus Movement and I gotta tell you, it was sweet.

These verses about blessings remind me of that time, a time of spiritual power and focus. Now, five more reminders of the blessings of a consecrated life.

1. Righteousness will deliver him from death. (Proverbs 11:4)
2. The righteous are delivered out of trouble. (Proverbs 11:8)
3. There is rejoicing when it goes well with the righteous. (Proverbs 11:10)
4. Whoever sows righteousness will be rewarded. (Proverbs 11:18)
5. His righteousness tends to life. (Proverbs 11:30)

Wow! Can’t believe how true this has been during periods of my life. Especially those years when I was so “sold out” to Him. Lots of protection, celebration, and countless blessings.
Many of these blessings have been mine and I am so grateful.

Humbly His,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment