Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Blessings of the Righteous - Part 13

This is the last of the 13 devotionals on “The Blessings of the Righteous”. Writing these has greatly blessed me and opened up fresh faith for me. I see my position in Christ affecting my choices, feelings and reactions more and more. I hope you too have seen this freshness in your life. Just considering righteousness should not make us feel so self-conscious that we miss His blessings. I cannot dwell on my failures, shortcomings and weaknesses. I must snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, not snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Christ has won our battle. We are free in Him; we are His joy, despite our “humanness”. Keep your eyes on Him and Look up. Here are the final 4 verses from Proverbs about our blessings. Enjoy and receive.

1. The righteous sing and rejoice. (Proverbs 29:6)
2. They consider the cause of the poor. (Proverbs 29:7)
3. The righteous shall see the fall of the wicked. (Proverbs 29:16)
4. Those who keep the law are happy. (Proverbs 29:18)

Wow! Singing, rejoicing, caring about the poor. Aware of the wicked and happiness. Can I say wow again? How real! Truly inspiring about what our perspective should be. When we begin to live for Him from the inside out we can be transformed. We are the righteous, we are indeed blessed.

With His blessings,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment