Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Blessings

"I do this for the sake of the Gospel, that I may share in its blessings." 1 Corinthians 9:23

I have a friend who shares with me A Blessing every week. A written sentence, or paragraph or two, that communicates a prayer to God, from the heart. I believe my friend writes these himself and sends them to Pastors, Leaders, Missionaries and all Servants or the Lord he knows. He does so as if he is giving us a prayer to pray with him. Can't tell you how often his words, prayers, blessings have so touched the heart of where I am.

This verse from Corinthians sure sums up why I do, what I do. People say to me...."How do you do it, so many tragic, needy, and tough situations and people?" Well, honestly, I don't know how I do it really. But I do know that when I allow God to work through me, I seem to do a lot better at it. I think for all the hardest parts of being Pastor, there are so many more blessings and good things that happen, than anything else. I have been so blessed to be a Pastor. Beyond description. I serve His plan and the blessings just come.

I want to share the most recent Blessing my friend sent. Hope it blesses you too. Many Blessings, Pastor Fred

Heavenly Father, what joy is ours to celebrate the good things that You have done. Thank You that You take us from glory to glory and that our best is indeed yet to be.

Thank You for all that You have brought us through and thank You for making a way where there seemed to be no way. Thank You for providing more than enough when, indeed, we felt as if we had nothing.

Thank you for being a faithful friend that stood by us in the darkest of midnights. Now Father, let us be blessed and highly favored. Let Your face shine upon us and give us peace that surpasses all understanding. Let us be encouraged down to the very core of our being to know that all things are possible to him who believes. This we ask and pray in Jesus' Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment