Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fresh Song

"Give ear to my words. O Lord, consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You, and wait in expectation."
Psalm 5:1-3

In the fundamental developmental intense years of my early faith and walk, there were a few fresh songs that had a profound impact on who I am in Him. Psalm 5:1-3, is one of them. To this day, these words are often in my morning worship, prayers, meditations, and seek of the Lord. Sometimes when I can’t focus or can’t stay on task before the Lord, I sing these words.

I think back to a small, early morning group of camp counselors and leaders that would gather in the McKee Prayer Chapel at Thousand Pines. As we sought the Lord together quietly, sometimes someone would break into song, often this one. As I sing it again now, I am swept back into the sense of total commitment. Single hearted love for Jesus, pursuit of seeing His face and knowing His glory. If you know the tune, sing it with me now, if not, ask me or someone to teach it to you. It is simply beautiful.

Give ears to my words, O Lord,
consider my meditations.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry,
my King and my God.
For unto to you will I pray,
my voice will thou hear in the morning.
Oh Lord in the morning,
Will I direct my prayer,
Unto You and will look up.

I’m singing it again now, join me……..thank you….tears and smiles,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment