Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Proverbs for Everyone (Part 12)


This wraps up the section of Proverbs for Everyone. As generic as they are, they are sure pointed. I hope I, we, get the points and don’t generalize them away. I take His Word personally. Join me in applying “Proverbs for Everyone” as if they were written to me and you by name.

  1. Silence the slanderer with looks. (Pro. 25:23)
  2. Do not fear a causeless curse. (Pro. 26:2)
  3. Mind your own business. (Pro. 26:17)
  4. Beware the kiss of an enemy, it is deceitful. (Pro. 27:6)
  5. Keep the law and so fight the wicked. (Pro. 28:4)
  6. Confess and obtain mercy. (Pro. 28:13)
  7. Plan ahead or perish. (Pro. 29:18)
  8. Do not swear. (Pro. 29:24)
Being wise takes more thinking than talking or acting. I am confident each of us has learned these lessons, hopefully not over and over again. We always should consult God, His Word and the counsel of those who know His Word. We are inclined to make it about us when we want what we want and about somebody else when we don’t want to look at ourselves. I have learned more than one of these lessons the hardest way. Others I have instituted in my life young and have been spared. Nearly all our pain, trouble, suffering is self-inflicted. So, like everyone should, I am gonna make a better effort to be wise, before I speak or act. We should know and do better huh?
In His Grip Today,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment