Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Proverbs for Neighbors (Part Two)


Solomon, though he was king, often was reminded that he was a regular guy. For being so wise, he sure knew how to keep it simple. His counsel is a wonderful reminder of how we should conduct ourselves at every stage and in every arena of life. Here is some more neighborly wisdom.

  1. Let both sides be heard. (Pro. 18:17)
  2. Do not set aside a poor neighbor. (Pro.19:4)
  3. Think well of your neighbor. (Pro. 21:10)
  4. The wicked do not favor their neighbors (Pro. 21:10)
  5. Do not remove the ancient landmarks (Pro. 22:2)
  6. Do not enter the fields of the fatherless. (Pro. 23:10-11)
  7. Do not witness against your neighbor without cause. (Pro. 24:28)
  8. Do not deceive your neighbor. (Pro. 24:28)
Several years ago I took a sentimental journey to my old neighborhood to visit my old stomping ground to see my folk’s house that I spent ages 12-19 in. A very special day. I went 12715 Rajah St. in Sylmar and was so blessed that the house was still the nicest on the block. Manicured lawns, some of the original plants and rose bushes. New gates, garage door and additional decorative planters and walls. I knocked and asked if they would let me see the backyard. They showed me the whole house and all the improvements. Then with great pride the owner took me out beside the patio to show me he had left the little concrete square that had my sister and I’s handprints. Today when I read that we should not remove the ancient landmarks I was grateful and tearful again that the wonderful neighbor that lives in my old house respected my father’s work.
Precious Memories,
Pastor Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment